The Streamware NIC-1 is both a network adapter, and a sound card for AVB (Audio Video Bridging).
Built on decades of computer audio interface expertise, the NIC-1 connects your Windows PC directly to audio streams on AVB networks. Designed expressly for next-generation network streaming standards, the NIC-1 allows Windows audio applications to treat an AVB network just like any other Windows audio device.
The NIC-1 is also a high-performance Gigabit Ethernet network adapter, with hardware support for offloading key AVB functions from the PC.
- Plug-and-play: automatically discover and connect to IEEE1722.1-compatible devices
- Hardware acceleration: offloads essential AVB functions such as traffic shaping and packet timing
- Audio streaming: play and record using multiple simultaneous synchronized AVB streams
- ASIO 2.3 sound card driver
- Gigabit Ethernet
- PCI Express 1x
- Supports Windows 7 or later
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use any network adapter for AVB streaming? Why do I need the NIC-1?
AVB has precise timing requirements that are very difficult to meet with standard Ethernet network adapters. The Ethernet controller on the NIC-1 was designed expressly for AVB. Essentially, it understands the concept of time; the controller is able to measure when things happen, and keep streams flowing smoothly and evenly.
What happens if there is other network traffic?
Streams are automatically prioritized over other network traffic. Even if the network becomes very busy, streams have reserved bandwidth, and continue to flow without interruption. The NIC-1 has dedicated transmit and receive hardware queues just for stream traffic.
Does the NIC-1 give me everything I need to play and record audio over AVB?
Yes. Each NIC-1 includes a software license for 64 channels of audio playback and recording.
What audio software is supported?
Any Windows audio application that supports ASIO should work.
What operating systems are supported?
Currently, we support Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1.
The NIC-1 works with Linux, but without AVB support.
I have an AVB device that does not support IEEE1722.1. Can I still use this device with the NIC-1?
The NIC-1 is compatible with Streamware Workbench for devices that support IEEE 1722a and static configuration.
Where can I purchase the NIC-1?
The NIC-1 is available through our web store.
What do I need to use the IOL VIOLETT testing software with the NIC-1?
You will need a Streamware SDK with VIOLETT support. For more information please contact email@example.com
Do you offer quantity discounts?
Yes. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Orders are processed and shipped within 24 hours. Priority shipping is available through our web store.
- Plug-and-play: Automatically discover and connect to IEEE1722.1-compatible devices
- Hardware acceleration: Offloads essential AVB functions such as traffic shaping and packet timing
- Audio streaming: Play and record using multiple simultaneous synchronized AVB streams
- 64 channel playback
- 64 channel record
- 4 simultaneous IEEE17222 talker streams
- 4 simultaneous IEEE17222 listener streams
- IEEE 802.3az – Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE)
- MAC hardware time stamping for 802.1AS/IEEE1588 support
- Real-time transmit queue for 802.1Q FQTSS traffic shaping
- Jumbo Frame support
- ACPI compliant WOL
- TCP, IP, UDP checksum offload (CSO)
- IPV4 and IPV6 Microsoft Large Send Offload (LSO)
- Interrupt Coalescing
- Message Signal Interrupt (MSI)
- Automatic cross-over detection function (MDI/MDI-X)
- 3.50" (89 mm) by 2.68" (68 mm)
- PCI Express 1.1, 1x slot, half-height form factor
- Interrupt coalescing
- MSI and MSI-X
- Connector: RJ-45 (Copper)
- Category 5 or better for 100BASE-TX operation
- Category 5e or better for 1000BASE-T operation
- IEEE network topology: 802.3/100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T
- Controller: Broadcom BCM57762
- Power Consumption: 0.64W (active-typical)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F)
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F)
- Storage Humidity: 90% non-condensing relative humidity at 35°C
- LED indicators: Link/Activity LED, Speed LED
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or later
- Mac OS X 10.8 or later
- Linux (AVB and time-aware features currently not supported)
|Operating System||Driver||File Size||Date Posted|
|Streamware for Windows Manual||download||1 MB||12/03/2013|